Thursday, October 15, 2009
The road map to the mind I lost...
I've heard getting older is hard on the body, but I think its even harder on my mind. There is that saying " Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." Things I use to remember with ease, are now lost forever. It wouldn't be so bad, if I weren't cognizant, of those things. How great would it be to wake up each morning, jump out of bed, and get on with the day? These days I roll out of bed, (anyone whose had abdominal surgery is familiar with this,) and as I do its like listening to a symphony of my joints warming up for a Christmas concert. I remember that I'm married to my highschool sweetheart, and in my mind he is still that 17 year old guy, not the man with grey in his beard, and arthritic knees.Things I'd like to have forgotten, also seem to have gone hazy, or perhaps they aren't as life changing as they once were. I never bought into that saying, " The minute you hold your baby you forget the pain of childbirth."But perhaps the loosing of your memory, is lifes way of keeping you in the moment of today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment