Well, it’s that time of year again. It's the middle of October, So that means the stores are full of Halloween decorations, and that is a good thing. The summer is on its way out and fall is here. I know this because as a child when picking out my costume it had to be warm. Regardless that it was 90 degrees during the day, come dark the temp would drop and I'd be freezing. As a child I had a constant runny nose, constant cold, constant cough. I must have driven my mother mad. Any costume I had had to cover my long johns, I believe if footed pajamas were made for 3rd graders I'd have been made to wear them. But I digress.....
I don't know who moved stocking and selling Christmas items to right after "Back to School sales...I generally curse this marketing move and whom ever first thought of it. Damn them for not letting us enjoy Halloween. Damn them for not letting us enjoy Thanksgiving without thinking of the next day sales! But not so today.
I have finished my last Christmas stocking. I have made it a point to cross-stitch a Christmas stocking for each person in the family. So today I went on a shopping trip. I needed a Christmas tree skirt, because this stocking that I just finished I have also made a matching winter scene to sew to a tree skirt... I was able to find just about anything I needed in the way of Halloween, Thanksgiving, or fall. I was hoping to get this finished BEFORE the holiday rush. The 0nly place I could find a tree skirt was Lowes Hardware, and they didn't exactly have a huge selection. I guess it's simply too soon to finish my Christmas projects in October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment